Pizza's a win no matter what, but when you want to up the fun factor, turn your food into a friend! All you have to do is shape your dough and arrange your toppings to make these cute critter faces.
Animal Mini Pizzas
What You Need
- Pizza dough (buy it or make your own )
- Kitchen shears
- Pizza sauce
1. Roll out your pizza dough and use kitchen shears to shape it into your favorite animal.
It's trickier to shape a bigger slab of dough, so opt for personal-sized pizzas.
2. Bake the naked crusts at 450 F for 4-5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare all your toppings. We used chopped olives and peppers, but the sky (or the fridge) is the limit!
Good to Know
Pre-baking helps set the shape of the crust, so they're easier to decorate.
3. Layer the sauce and cheese, then add the facial features. Don't worry about being too detailed — the eyes, ears and nose are most important.
4. Pop the pizzas back in the oven for another 4-6 minutes. If you plan to add any finishing touches with cheese, pull the pizzas back out, add the cheese and bake for 2-3 more minutes.
Learn More Now
Turn pizza night into game night with our family-friendly series, Pizza Revolution .