Give your cake an extra sprinkle of F-U-N. This recipe from Man About Cake ' s Joshua John Russell is soooo easy to make and so delicious.
Rainbow Sprinkle Cake
Makes two 10-inch round cakes
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⅓ cups vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, grease your pans and set them aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, combine the sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Sift the ingredients on low speed.
3. In a separate bowl, add the vinegar to the milk and set aside.
4. Add vanilla to the oil in another bowl and set that aside as well.
5. With the mixer running on low, add the oil mixture, milk mixture and 1 cup water. Mix until incorporated and no lumps are found.
6. Add the last cup of water and blend until fully incorporated.
7 .Stir in sprinkles until evenly distributed.
8. Fill the pans and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, checking the cakes at 30 minutes for doneness. When the cakes are done, they should be set to the touch.