Generally speaking, we've never really met a popsicle we didn’t like. But yogurt varieties are extra special because they make the popsicle a viable snack option from morning to night (perfect if cravings tend to hit you at odd times!). Making homemade popsicles is ideal because you're totally in control of the ingredients; you can adjust the sugar content, filling and yogurt flavor exactly to your liking. The flavor I've been loving these days? A simple recipe with tangy Greek yogurt and jammy, sweet berry chunks.
- 1½ cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- In a food processor, pulse berries and orange zest along with ¼ cup sugar.
- Pour a bit of yogurt into the tip of each mold and then a layer of chunky berry mixture. Alternate dollops of yogurt and berries until the molds are full.
- With a knife or a small spatula, gently swirl yogurt and berries within the mold in an up and down motion, just until they're a little better combined.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 3-4 hours.
It doesn't get any easier than this, folks! Experiment with your own variations and find your favorite.