The secret to a creamy, dreamy, gooey chocolate cake? An A+ chocolate ganache filling. This recipe from Man About Cake's Joshua John Russell will take your chocolate game right where it needs to go.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
Yield: Makes about 4 cups, enough to fill and ice an 8-inch cake
- 18 ounces (510 g) dark chocolate, chips or chopped (real chocolate, not coating chocolate)
- 2¼ cups (530 ml) heavy cream
1. Place the chocolate in a clean, dry, heatproof bowl.
2. In a saucepan, warm the cream over medium heat until just boiling. Keep an eye on the cream; it will start to bubble a little when it's ready. Don't let it boil over, which can happen fast!
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes.
4. Using a whisk or hand blender, mix the cream and chocolate until smooth.
5. The ganache is ready to be poured at this point. If you want a spreadable ganache, cover and let stand until completely cool (usually overnight).