We call this a little mango magic: break out five simple ingredients and your food processor, and make your own frozen yogurt. (Yep, you don't even need an ice cream machine.) This treat's so easy the kids can do most of the work — just help them with the chopping and they'll be on their way.
Good to Know
This recipe comes from MasterChef Junior winner Jasmine Stewart. You can watch her make it — along with fancy crispy wonton cups for serving — in our class Cooking with MasterChef Junior: Jasmine's Delightful Desserts .
Mango lime frozen yogurt
Yield: Makes 1 quart
- 4 cups frozen cubed mango
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons light honey or agave syrup, plus more to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and purée for 5 to 6 minutes, scraping down the sides halfway through. Purée until completely smooth. Add more honey, if you like.
2. Scrape the froyo into a chilled 9" x 4" metal loaf pan. You can eat it right away or cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Find Your Next Recipe
Let the kiddos help you in the kitchen with more kid-friendly makes.