Everybody's got that drawer full of old t-shirts that never see the light of day. But we found a fun and fashionable way to give them a new life! Here's how we turned a boring old T-shirt into a show-stopping statement necklace.
DIY Chunky T-Shirt Necklace
What you'll need:
- Long ruler
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Hot glue gun
- Decorative ribbon
- Starting from the bottom edge of the tee, cut 1½ horizontal strips until you reach the sleeves.
- Gather all the loops together and slide your hands through the center. Tug on the strips a bit — this will make the edges curl in, which is what we're going for here.
- Wrap a long piece of decorative ribbon (we chose metallic!) around all the strips, and use a dab of hot glue to secure it in place.
- Repeat the ribbon wrapping directly opposite the first ribbon.
- Sport your new accessory!