What's up guys! Today I'm sharing my super simple, super chocolaty and super creamy chocolate ganache recipe. You can make it with dark chocolate, white chocolate or milk chocolate, and you can choose your consistency too — either silky and pourable or thick and spreadable. Here we go!
Chocolate Ganache Filling
Yield: Makes about 4 cups, enough to fill and ice an 8-inch cake
- 18 ounces (510 g) dark chocolate, chips or chopped (real chocolate, not coating chocolate)
- 2¼ cups (530 ml) heavy cream
1. Place the chocolate in a clean, dry, heatproof bowl.
2. In a saucepan, warm the cream over medium heat until just boiling. Keep an eye on the cream; it will start to bubble a little when it's ready. Don't let it boil over, which can happen fast!
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes.
4. Using a whisk or hand blender, mix the cream and chocolate until smooth.
5. The ganache is ready to be poured at this point. If you want a spreadable ganache, cover and let stand until completely cool (usually overnight).
White Chocolate Variation
For white chocolate ganache, decrease cream to ¾ cup and use use white chocolate, chips or chopped (real chocolate, not coating chocolate). Prepare as above.
Milk Chocolate Variation
Combine equal parts dark chocolate ganache with white chocolate ganache for a milk chocolate variety.