What's up guys! Today I'm sharing my super simple, super chocolaty and super creamy chocolate ganache recipe. You can make it with dark chocolate, white chocolate or milk chocolate, and you can choose your consistency too — either silky and pourable or thick and spreadable. Here we go!
Chocolate ganache recipe
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 18 ounces dark chocolate, chips or chopped (real chocolate, not coating chocolate)
- If chocolate is in bar form, chop into smaller pieces with a serrated knife.
- Place chocolate into a clean, dry bowl. Set aside.
- Place cream in a pot and warm on medium heat until just boiling. Keep an eye on the cream, it will start to bubble a little when it is ready. If heated too long, it will rise up and spill over the sides.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Using a whisk or hand blender, mix the cream and chocolate until smooth.
- Ganache is ready to be poured at this point. If you would like a spreadable ganache, cover and let stand until completely cool (usually overnight).
White chocolate variation
For white chocolate ganache, decrease cream to ¾ cup and use use white chocolate, chips or chopped (real chocolate, not coating chocolate). Prepare as above.
Milk chocolate variation
Combine equal parts dark chocolate ganache with white chocolate ganache for a milk chocolate variety.