Only a handful of ingredients and three simple steps stand between you and a rich chocolate buttercream to spread on your cake. Thanks, JJR!
Yield: Enough to fill and ice two 10-inch round cakes
- 3 pounds unsalted butter
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before you begin.
1. Place all ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment.
2. Mix on low until well incorporated.
3. Turn to high speed and mix until light and fluffy.