A good stir-fry recipe is the ultimate saucy, spicy cure for a crazy weeknight. Even when you really don't feel like cooking, this fast, flavorful dish is basic enough to crank out in 20 minutes, and it's way better for you than takeout.
Quick beef stir-fry recipe
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 12 ounce flank steak, thinly sliced (or thinly sliced outside round steak)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 green onions, cut into strips
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 cups cooked rice and/or quinoa for serving
- In large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the bell peppers and flip over the beef pieces, cooking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink and the bell peppers have softened slightly. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the tamari, vinegar, ginger, chili-garlic sauce and honey. Bring to a simmering boil over medium heat while whisking constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Return the beef and bell peppers to the pan. Add the green onions and toss well to coat with sauce. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over cooked rice and/or quinoa. You're done!