Could anything be better than a bubbly, cheesy pie? As a matter of fact, yes. Presenting our recipe for The World's Most Magnificent Family Pizza Evening.
Give yourself a pizza name
Fake names make everything way more interesting. So before anyone grabs a slice, assign each family member a pizza master moniker:
First, choose a title based on your first initial
- A through E: President
- F through J: The Incredible
- K through O: Prince / Princess
- P thorugh T: Professor
- U through Z: Mighty
Then choose your favorite topping for your last name
- Extra cheese
- Green peppers
- Your pick!
Then call everyone by their pizza name all night. Where's President Pineapple and The Incredible Sausage?
Got your name? Time to make the pizza
Forget the basics! We're going for memorable here. Let your kids come up with their own pizza ideas, or try one of ours.
Go for color
We firmly believe everything's better with a rainbow. Divide shredded mozzarella into several airtight freezer bags and add a few drops of food coloring each bag. Shake it up and watch the cheese change color! Scatter on top of your pizza to create a bright delight.
Make pizza pictures
That melty cheese is the perfect canvas for a masterpiece. Set out a toppings bar and create characters or designs on your pies. How about a portrait in pepperoni or a heart made of mushrooms?
Be a sweetie
Since pizza dough has a neutral flavor, you can top it with pretty much anything. Layer fruit and cream cheese or mascarpone and honey, then bake it up. You could save this for a post-meal treat, but we won't tell if you just go ahead and call it dinner.
While you eat, play with pizza trivia
Put your family's wits to the test! Pick one person to be the quiz master and let everyone take their guess at these brain teasers.
- How many slices of pizza are consumed per second in the United States? Answer: About 350 slices per second!
- Where was the Hawaiian pizza invented? (Trick question!) Answer: In Canada — not Hawaii.
- When is National Pizza Month? Answer: October.
- What year did the first known pizzeria open? Answer: All the way back in 1738.
- How many of the top 5 pizza toppings in America can you name? Answer: The most popular toppings are pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, sausage and bacon.