Use traditional basket weaving techniques with modern materials to create a one-of-a-kind basket. No special tools are required — your hands and the felted yarn do all the work.
Woven Yarn Basket
Finished Size: 11" diameter x 9" tall
What You Need
- Love Fest Fibers Tough Love , 1 skein
- Warp: 13⅓ yd (12 m) Love Fest Fibers Tough Love, cut in 12, 40" lengths
- Weft: 30 yd (27 m) Love Fest Fibers Tough Love, cut in two lengths
- 12" (30½ cm) plastic planter, as a mold
- Sharp scissors
- Tape measure
- 30" long, 1" wide leather strapping
- Leather punch
- Four ⅜" Chicago leather screws
If you want your basket to be a different size or shape, simply change your mold. Leave 4-6" of additional yarn on each side above and beyond the size and shape of desired basket for your warp. The weft required will vary with different sized molds.