We're thrilled to have newly minted Bluprint instructor and renowned nutritionist Ellie Krieger sharing a sneak-peek from her online class, Flavor Comes First: Healthy Meals That Taste Delicious . Today she's whipping up an avocado green goddess recipe so delicious and versatile, salads are just the tip of the iceberg of tasty possibilities.
Avocado Green Goddess Recipe
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1½ cups (360 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (7 g) fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup (7 g) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch white pepper
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Dress wedges of romaine lettuce hearts, scattered with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Serving size: ⅓ cup (80 ml)
- Per serving: Calories 90; Total Fat 6 g (Mono Fat 3.5 g, Poly Fat 1.5 g, Sat Fat 1 g); Protein 2 g; Carb 7 g; Fiber 3 g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 27 0mg
- Excellent source of: Vitamin K
- Good source of: calcium, Vitamin C
Want more healthy tips and exclusive recipes from Ellie Krieger?
Find them here in her Bluprint online kitchen.