Say goodbye to the days of having your eggs scrambled or over-easy. From now on, you'll want to serve those eggs as light, fluffy clouds.
This dish gets its name from egg whites that, when whipped, create a fluffy cloud. It only takes three ingredients and a handful of steps to prepare — and it's as tasty as it is pretty.
Baked Eggs in Clouds
Yield: 4 clouds
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. Divide the eggs, setting yolks individually into small bowls. In a medium-sized bowl, add the whites and whip them to soft peaks. Whisk salt into the egg whites.
Be very careful as you crack your eggs, so the yolks remain intact and unbroken — broken ones will run through the "clouds" during baking and won't create the same effect.
3. Divide the egg whites into four "clouds" on your prepared baking sheet. Use a spoon to make a depression in the top of each one, then slide an egg yolk into it. Sprinkle each cloud with 1½-2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake the eggs in clouds until set and golden brown, about 14-15 minutes. For runnier yolks, reduce baking time to 11-12 minutes.
Find Your Next Recipe
Start the day right with more mouthwatering plates.