Indulge in an after-dinner mint — but make it boozy. Grasshopper cocktails were all the rage in the 1950s and '60s, and they're still a go-to today. The ingredients are simple, yet you're rewarded with a rich drink that's the perfect St. Patrick's Day green. Top it off with shaved chocolate for a truly divine sip.
- 1 ounce green Creme de Menthe liqueur
- 1 ounce white Creme de Cacao liqueur
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- Dark chocolate, for topping
To make your cocktail even more indulgent, substitute the heavy cream for a few tablespoons of ice cream and give the mixture a quick whirl in the blender. The resulting milkshake will taste just like mint chocolate chip ice cream, but boozy.
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds, or until very cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
2. Using a microplane or a fine cheese grater, shave a generous pinch of dark chocolate on top of the finished cocktail before serving.
Find Your Next Recipe
Cocktails are better with dessert, so why not whip up some of these festive treats, too?