When you're looking for a light and healthy side dish, nothing could be easier than cauliflower rice. All you need is a food processor! Serve it with a simple baked chicken or as part of a big Thanksgiving meal — either way, you'll have happy eaters in no time.
Roasted Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the head of cauliflower into fourths. Remove the stem and cut each piece into 4 or 5 equally sized pieces.
- Place half of the cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse 7 or 8 times for 5 seconds each, until the cauliflower resembles rice. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower pieces.
- Add the riced cauliflower to a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread the cauliflower over the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Serve immediately.