Just when we thought buttercream couldn't get better, Joshua John Russell adds peppermint AND chocolate cookies. This recipe is a total game-changer, and if you can crush a cookie, you can make it.
Mint Chocolate Cookie Buttercream
Yield: Enough to fill and ice a 10-inch cake
- 2 pounds unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 9 ounces confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
1. Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
2. Cream butter until completely smooth.
3. Add sugar, milk, salt and peppermint extract and mix on low until fully blended.
4. Add cookies, turn mixer on low, and mix for 3 to 5 minutes or until cookies are broken up.