Practice your free-motion quilting — and learn a handful of new designs — as you create three textured projects: a journal cover, basket, and zippered bag.
Meet Christina and review the three quilted projects you'll make in class: a journal cover, basket and zippered bag.
Get a quick refresher on basting fat-quarter-sized quilt sandwiches and setting up your machine for free-motion quilting.
Start your journal cover by quilting your panel with an all-over seafoam design made by echoing wavy lines. See how to create pockets of space in the design and then fill them with quilted pebbles or other filler variations.
Trim your panel and a few more fabric pieces to finish up your journal cover. Christina shows you how to cut, stack and sew it all together with ease.
Christina guides you step by step to quilt a textured triangle basket design. See how easy it is to keep your triangles on track using quilting guidelines with your walking foot. Afterwards, add filler between triangles for texture that pops.
Your basket is almost done! Sew your quilted panel into a structured basket (that's perfect for holding fat quarter bundles!). Learn how to create boxed corners in the outer quilted panel and lining fabric, then add handles and a cuff for a beautiful finish.
Quilt a symmetrical curvy radar design on your panel to start the last project, a zippered bag. Christina shows you how to mark and stitch guidelines with your walking foot, and add curves with free-motion stitching.
Zip up your quilted panel after you turn it into a handy bag, complete with lining. Then insert the zipper, stitch and turn the bag. Finish it off with a zipper pull for a personal touch.
In this bonus video, Christina shares her secrets for using up even the smallest quilted scraps. With a simple joining method, learn to piece a patchwork panel and use it to create any of the projects from class.
About the Teacher
- Shop for Quilting Kits
- Shop for Quilting Fabric
- Shop for Quilting Tools + Notions
- Shop for Boundless Blenders Ombre All Colors Precut Fabric
- Shop for The Warm Company Warm & Natural Cotton Blend Batting
- Shop for Craftsy Pima Thread 50wt Spool 1200 Yards
- Shop for Schmetz Topstitch Machine Needles 5 count Size 16/100
- Shop for Creative Grids Rulers
- Shop for Boundless Rhapsody Batiks Spark Precut Fabric
- Shop for Lily & Loom Forever Mod Fabric by the Yard
- Shop for Boundless Rhapsody Prints Spark Precut Fabric
- Shop for Lily & Loom Forever Mod Precut Fabric
- Shop for Boundless Rhapsody Prints Harmony Precut Fabric