Sink your teeth into current cake decorating trends! In the Man About Cake series, originally on YouTube, Joshua John Russell partners with Bluprint to deliver incredible tips for creating modern edible masterpieces. Each week, he decorates an original cake, shares his favorite recipes and gives pointers for designing like a pro.
MAC is back, and so is Brandon! Watch as the crew challenges JJR to spruce up a few store-bought cakes and turn them into one of his show-stopping creations. You can totally try this yourself!
CUTENESS ALERT: MAC superfan Rafa just turned 5! And to celebrate the big occasion, he joins JJR to create a coloring book birthday cake of his favorite things. Plus, you'll see a special guest appearance from Gus the sock puppet, voiced by Brandon!
Follow the (MAC) rainbow for a sweet surprise! JJR celebrates St. Patrick's Day by making two vanilla cakes with rainbow buttercream, connected with a gum paste rainbow and finished with cotton candy clouds.
In this MAC Challenge, the crew surprises JJR with a mystery box of supplies to use for his cake. (Spoiler alert: It's actually a Bluprint Cake Decorating Box.) Watch as he creates a magnificent mint-chocolate ice cream-themed cake that anyone can pull off.
Wedding bells are ringing on the set of Man About Cake! JJR recreates a mini version of the wedding cake he made for "Shahs of Sunset" star Mercedes "MJ" Javid. Check out this beauty that's finished with stunning sugar flowers and gold piping galore. "Shahs of Sunset" footage courtesy of Bravo.
JJR is a man of many talents. And this week, he can add "cake stand builder" to the list. This DIY marble resin cake stand and mirror glaze cake make for one show-stopping display.
Do you have a favorite cake artist? (Besides the Man About Cake, of course!) This week, JJR pays homage to his cake hero, Margaret Braun, by using her designs to create a tapered chocolate ganache cake with fondant polka dots, marzipan fruit and lots of piping with royal icing.
When JJR's not creating cakes, he’s getting into fashion. In this MAC season finale, he uses inspiration from his favorite TV show, Bravo's "Project Runway," to sketch and build a fashion-forward cake with the help of a special (and very stylish) guest!
JJR and Gus pump up the jam!
About the Teacher
- Man About Cake - Dark Chocolate Mirror Glaze Recipe
- Man About Cake - Black Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
- Man About Cake - Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Man About Cake - Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe
- Man About Cake - Mint Chocolate Cookie Buttercream Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 5 Ways to Level Up a Store-Bought Cake
- Man About Cake - White Chocolate Mirror Glaze Recipe
- Man About Cake - Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Ride or DIY class with Rachel Metz
- Check out all of JJR's classes on Bluprint!
- Shop for JJR's Go-To Tools
- RUNWAY REMAKE with Mondo Guerra
- Shop for FMM Geometric Edging Cutter Set
- Shop for Wilton Round Cake Board 10in